Anyone remember Swanky Girl? Yes I know it is now but a memory, but it was my up and coming purse/jewelry business where I had 15 stores carrying my products. It was a career and I sewed myself to death. Don't try to go to my website, my web hosting person didn't renew my site so it's down.
That's okay but those were good days. Apparently somehow people can find me. I received this email today:
I like your bags. Are you selling them through any stores already?
We work with specialty gift shops, women's clothing stores, department stores, large retailers, and mail-order catalog companies who search our website looking for bags to purchase. We need a larger variety they can choose from, hence my email to you.
If you're able to sell to stores and can offer good prices visit us at http://www.WiseRep.com
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Sincerely,
Mark Pardue
VP Merchandising
WiseRep.com
Granted, he's trying to make money off of me, but hey he found me! Thank you Jesus for my Swanky Girl days and the esteem I learned from it. Here I will google it and see what I find.
1. I have been asked if I have anything to do with the Swanky Girl tanning products. No, I had the name before they did, they stole it from me. I do not make tanning lotions.
2. Heck yes I am so glad this is still online. My first press release.
I did work at the Reflector during college but that had nothing to do with this article. I just think she had an easy subject to write about. Those were some good, good times.
3. Heck yes my article in the Mississippi Business Journal. Students snapping up Swanky Girl Designs' handbags, accessories.
From: Mississippi Business Journal | Date: 11/10/2003 | Author: Jeter, Lynne W.
Mississippi Business Journal
LOUISVILLE -- When Cammie Britt Chapman was whipping up eye-catching purses in vintage prints to complement her outfits, she never dreamed other people would be interested in buying them. But her husband, Andy Chapman, thought otherwise.
"I always thought she could sell them because they were so good," he said.
Retailers throughout Mississippi who carry her products--Swanky Girl Designs--are glad Chapman listened to him. "Delta State students love her purses," said Heather Short, owner of Posh, a boutique in Cleveland. "So do high school girls. ...
You have to subscribe to that site to read more.
4. My old wonderful website can still be seen a bit here. This was my co-collaborator/designer. She's the best.
Cheers to the old days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment