06 May 2008

And scene.




Vacation is over. Ah, the bliss of vacation. It's like a really really long Sunday afternoon.
I continue to run when I can find time-my next door neighbor Christina is amazing and she offers to watch Kate anytime I need to go run. What a blessing.
I have been getting to know her better and she is so sweet. She stays at home with her 2 boys and is a great mom.
Today I learned that my little 8 year old friend down the way set a fire in the woods-he got in a lot of trouble and I feel badly for him....he was trying to get attention and he wanted it in the worst way-we all do it-but the cops had to come and it was a mess. No harm, no foul-but I still feel badly that he had to choose that for attention.
I do the same thing, though. I choose junk to get attention-look at me! I go running!! Look at me-I'm a single mom! Look at me-i have an Ipod! it's the same race we all run.
Kate and I spent last week playing outside and working on letters. Christina has a slip and slide, baby pool, etc and so we basically have a preschool country club in the back. Kate loves it. We love watching and having good sun time.
I spent this past weekend in Jackson. Lots of friends to visit, and all visits were good. I learned a lot about myself, and how much attention I need, and I try to seek that in various ways-in negative ways from my mom, in positive ways from people I don't know, in funny ways from my friends that laugh with me. Starbucks and chats and eating at Bravo and dressing up were the highlights of the trip. The gas money and other expenses involved were a drag. The weather was here, wish you were beautiful--Jimmy Buffett reference--the weather there was amazing except for one night of tumultous thunder.
We are home now, with 3 loads of laundry under our belt, a long staff meeting today, a festivus or two for me and others, cleaning out the car, taking out the smelly trash, remembering to blog about my life, responding to the 40 emails I received over break.
It didn't help that first thing the database was down, but it was soon back up.
Kate is a cutie. She was so obedient today-very easy to handle. She did have some backup discipline at staff meeting today-that helped me a bunch. I'm glad to know I have staff/friends (they are one in the same) that can help me.
The dishwasher is unloaded, the laundry is put away, and the trash is out. Jesus loves me despite my sin and my ugliness and my desire to pursue my own way-He is amazing to draw me so close that I can't steer too far....that I can realize His love even in the bad things....and thank Him for the fact that I cannot lose His irresistable grace or affection.
Life is good.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Hey Cammie, I am still praying for you whenever I think about you and Kate! I am glad you are doing well--please let me know if you need anything.