And just like that I am back home again. Modern medicine is amazing.
I showed up at the hospital 8 minutes late-and they were all ready for me! They hurried me into wardrobe (read: hospital gown) but there were no hair or makeup people. I think they should have had some for me. Also a more attractive gown.
Quick chat with the anesthesiologist, nurses, my sweet doctor, Dr Kristine Carter, and away we went. Into the operating room, and then of course after a few breaths of the gas, I was sleepy. I said, "Wait! I want to say something before we start." They said, "What?" I said, " Goodbye; I will be a rock star throughout this because I am strong." And they all laughed.
Next thing I knew, I was awake, yucky feeling, and I started to cry. (That is a side effect of the anesthesia.) I really was sad that Andy wasn't there but I knew I was okay. I said, "Was I a rock star?" and the nurse said "Yes!"
So back to recovery room that I shared with a prisoner who had 2 cops in his entourage. My entourage consisted of my mom, who guarded my bags, my MS magazine, and my Tocca Stella lotion that I had to take with me to bring some of my style to the hospital.
Laid there for a bit, then back to my room, laid there for a bit, then I was ready to go home.
I changed clothes again, did a hair check (it didn't look very good at this point) and we headed home. Of course, we planned so well that we forgot pillows. So we stopped at Family Dollar and got one for the 30 minute ride home. Beautiful scenery of the beach and the sunset was quite calming.
Got in bed when I got home, Andy arrived! He surprised me today and told me he wanted to come home, so it was good to see him. My mom is at the pharmacy now for me, and I am able to sit up and post!
I want you to know: prayers were answered and heard and I was not scared, I was so calm, had such a peace, and I am so thankful for the Great Physician.
Dr Carter said my gallbladder was inflamed, but not infected. She said there were gallstones but they had to send it to pathology for a report.
So good thing we got that yucky thing out when we did. Infection would have made me MUCH sicker.
So, all is well here. I'm looking forward to actual food-it's been months since I could enjoy anything besides a cracker without getting sick, and sometimes even that was too much.
Thanks for your love! Maybe next time I'll have them do some cosmetic work while they are poking me already. Just kidding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Cammie,
We're so glad you made it through the surgery and hope you're getting plenty of rest back at home. Hope you get to feeling much better very soon--we're praying for a speedy recovery! Oh, and I totally agree with you on the need for more attractive hospital gowns...I mean, you're already feeling awful, and then you have to put on THAT?!
Love you!
~Rachel
Cammie--
Glad you stayed strong through the surgery. I hope your recovery is going very well--we're praying for that.
I agree with you on the need for more attractive hospital gowns!
Love,
Rachel
Post a Comment